Back by semi-popular demand for all sophomores… Seven different stories!
Below are seven different options. Review them all and select the one that most interests you. Write a response of at least 350 words. Your response—AND one meaningful comment to a classmate—are both due by 9 PM, Friday, May 17. WRITE WELL.
Please write the # of the article you choose at the top of your response.
Here are some possible questions you could address in your response:
*What makes the article interesting?
*What new questions does the article raise?
*Who else should read this article?
*What key concepts are at the heart of this article?
*To what extent does this article give you new insights?
*What connections exist between this article and your own experiences?
Remember that depth is more important than breadth. Go an inch wide in what you cover, and a mile deep.
1) “Push To End Teens’ Distracted Driving Targets Parents, Peers”
2) “Lousy Sleep Isn’t Good for Your Body, Either”
3) “I Know I’m Supposed To Follow My Passion. But What If I Don’t Have A Passion?” http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2013/05/09/182403459/i-know-im-supposed-to-follow-my-passion-but-what-if-i-dont-have-a-passion
4) “Owning a Dog Is Linked to Reduced Heart Disease Risk”
5) “Years Underground, Hatching an Invasion”
6) “When Helping Hurts”
7) “Would Angry Teens Chill Out If They Saw More Happy Faces?”